Sunday, September 12, 2010

Prologue Reflection

            After reading the prologue in the BSCS text book i am excited to learn and explore the subject of biology this year. Many of the topics discussed in the prologue (AIDS, HGH, Cloning, etc.) are modern issues, and ones that our generation will probably have to face throughout our lifetimes. I hope that this biology course will help us understand the ins and outs of the issues, which will then help us to make more firm and educated decisions on the topics we face. I think it will be cool and interesting to learn how living organisms function and interact with each other, because those are things that we experience in our day to day lives. It seems like biology teaches and explains very modern topics (AIDS, HGH, Cloning, etc.), ones that we will be able to apply and discuss in our everyday lives, and I am looking forward to learning about and gaining a deeper understanding of those topics. 
              The new technological advancements that have been made in the past few decades allow scientists to venture even further into prior theories and to even create new ones. This provides us with new and unseen material that needs to be explored and sorted. I hope that this years biology course will be a start to understanding this new material, to a level where I can comprehend the issues and make my own educated decisions about them, and I hope that I will be able to back my decisions up with solid data and information. That's what I'm hoping to get out of biology this year and I'm looking forward to diving into the course after OAT.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your background is bright. I'm glad you think that learning about living things will be "cool" (I think it will be too!)

    ReplyDelete